看電影學道地英文

看電影學道地英文

《天菜大廚》Burnt

文 / 內容提供│VoiceTube        2016-01-20

《天菜大廚》Burnt


影片中英文字幕

Adam Jones? One hoped you were dead.

亞當瓊斯?有人可不希望你還活著。

Mr. Jones, your credit card has been denied.

先生,你的信用卡被銀行拒絕了。

Oh.

噢。

If you try to start a new restaurant, there are 1 at least a dozen people who will try to have you killed.

如果你想要重新開一家餐廳,外面絕對有一票人想要把你打倒。

I had a long time to think about what you did to me.

我一直在想你以前是怎麼對我的。

It’s okay.

但沒關係。

We were like brothers.

我們就像兄弟。

Three years without a word.

3 年來沒半點消息。

What do you want?

你想要什麼?

I wanna make my kitchen the best in the world.

我想要讓我的餐廳變成全世界最棒的餐廳。

Service! Yes, Chef!

上菜!是,主廚!

I found a cook who doesn’t know how good she is.

我找到一個不知道自己多有潛力的廚師。

I need you to come with me.

我需要你幫忙。

Arrogant prick.

自大的傢伙。

Well, he’s a chef.

他可是個大廚。

Your resume’s great. This lamb’s fantastic.

你的履歷很棒,這羊排也很完美。

Would you work for me?

你願意為我工作嗎?

Yeah.

我願意。

Would you work for me for nothing?

你願意無條件為我工作嗎?

Yeah, absolutely.

當然願意。

Do you have a spare bedroom?

那你有空房間嗎?

You sure he’s famous?

他真的有名?

He’s a 2star Michelin chef.

他可是米其林二星大廚。

To get even one Michelin star, you have to be like Luke Skywalker.

你想拿到一顆星星,就必須像路克天行者(星際大戰角色)一樣拚命。

Do you have a nice dress?

你有漂亮的禮服嗎?

I 2 gotta go to this party and, uh, you’re the only

girl that I know, so...

我要去這派對,呃,妳是我唯一認識的女生,所以⋯⋯

If you 3 manage to get three, you’re Yoda.

如果你成功拿到3 顆星星,你就是廚師界的尤達(星際大戰智者角色)了。

Pretend you’re my girlfriend.

假裝妳是我女朋友。

If I was your girlfriend, you’d probably hold my arm.

如果我是你女友,你應該要勾我手。

No, if you were my girlfriend, we would’ve gotten in an argument in the taxi.

不,如果妳真的是我女朋友,我們早就在計程車裡吵起來了。

We wouldn’t even be talking.

我們甚至不會跟對方講話。

What if he’s Darth Vader?

如果他是黑武士( 星際大戰反派)呢?

I wanna 4 make amends for Paris.

我想要彌補在巴黎發生的事。

What happened in Paris?

在巴黎發生過什麼事?

I tried to control everything.

我以為我能掌控一切。

Cooking is an expression of who we are.

烹飪是一種表達自我的方式。

We should be dealing in culinary orgasms.

我們應該要享受廚房裡的美妙時刻。

Remind me never, ever to discuss food with you in public.

提醒我,再也不要在公眾場合跟你談論美食。

I don’t know if I can do it.

我怕自己做不到。

You can’t do it alone.

你一個人辦不到。

You’re the best.

你是最棒的。

The rest of us need you to lead us to places we otherwise wouldn’t go.

我們需要你帶領我們開拓新的領域。

It’s my daughter Lily’s birthday.

今天是我女兒Lily 的生日。

I want a cake.

我想要一個蛋糕。

Hurry up. No cake.

動作快。沒蛋糕。

You’re a chef. You can make cakes, right?

你是主廚,你會做蛋糕的,對吧?

You’re the all 5 cock one who shouts.

你是那個自大又愛咆哮的大廚。

Yes.

對。

But I bake great cakes.

但我很會做蛋糕。

Good?

好吃嗎?

I’ve had better. Really?

我吃過更棒的。真的嗎?

影片學習單字重點

1 at least

least 有最少、最小的意思,換言之,at least 字面上看起來是最小、最少的意思,其實就是指「至少、起碼、無論如何」的意思。而least 這個字的另外一個常見的片語為last but not least,常用在文章或演講的最後段,指「最後但不是最不重要的」,來表示雖然最後才提到,但仍然是該次談話中很重要的論點。

2 gotta

gotta 其實是一現代俚語,為got to 或是have to 的縮寫,如:

◎ I gotta go. = I have to go.

我必須走了。

3 manage to

當我們學英文第一次接觸到manage 這個字時,多是學習「經營、管理」之意,不過manage 也很常用在「設法做到、完成」的意思。也有許多相關的片語,如:

◎ manage with 用⋯⋯設法應付過去

◎ manage without 沒有⋯⋯也可以

4 make amends

make amends 有「補償、賠罪」之意。

◎ John make amends to Ken for his rudness.

John 為他的無禮向Ken 道歉。

而想表示「補償」之意,同時也可以用to compensate 或to make up 表示。

5 cock

cock 原本的意思為「公雞」,借用公雞雄赳赳氣昂昂的樣子,藉此來表示「自大」之意,因此要形容一個人很自大也可用cocky這個字。

◎ He’s a really cocky person. I will say nobody in the officelikes him.

他真的是一個很自大的人,我敢說辦公室才沒有人喜歡他。

關鍵字: 職場學


您也可能喜歡這些文章

您也可能喜歡這些文章

置頂